Rod & Ben’s is an organic company. Our reason for being was always about doing good. By being organic we believe we are doing good for the planet, good for wildlife and making good food for us all. Organic is good we know, but we also recognise that as a business we can still do more in all sorts of ways, including how we operate and reducing our environmental impact.
We do other good things throughout the year. We support charities which we are well placed to help, or others that we feel particularly passionate about.
Here’s a run-down of our Rod & Ben’s Charitable 2020.
- Both Tim & Sarah did the virtual London Marathon. Tim ran for the Alzheimer Society raising £1132, Sarah for Sense raising £556
- Rod & Ben’s continue to support the Rich Wigram NZ Farming Scholarship every year, providing a year’s scholarship to allow young people to learn about dairy farming - richwigramnzscholarship.org
- We support Shillingford Abbot & Shillingford St George’s local communities through regular soup and food donations.
- In the first lockdown we provided fresh soups to Alphington Church which delivered them to provide nourishment and support for those who were particularly isolated.
- We work with Crossways, who take food every 6 weeks to feed the homeless
- Rod & Ben’s work with Rediscover Church to provide a weekly Exeter food drop in service
- Rod & Ben’s donates soup regularly to Exeter Food Action, an amazing group supporting a large number of people living in food poverty or food insecurity
We do a bit, but we know we could do more, so we’re working on our giving strategy for future years. Meantime we are proud to support these phenomenal organisation and initiatives, working tirelessly in our communities to help those most in need in these challenging times.
Wishing you all a restful Christmas and a happy New Year.
From the team at Rod & Ben’s